Saturday, April 16, 2016

Urbandale Parks Challenge: Second Park - Trolley Park (2 Down; 30 to Go!)

Today was a busy day for us. Oliver had his first pee-wee game of the season, and Andrew got the lawn mower blades sharpened & oil changed. I puttered around with a little bit of gardening and homework, and then decided to take Jo for a drive to return library books and check out another park for our parks challenge. We selected a quiet park called Trolley Park that is small and easy to miss. I parked at Ye Olde Guitar Shoppe, which is next to Trolley Park, and then we went and explored.


It didn't immediately occur to me that I was looking at a sculpture of a trolley! I noticed the sculpture people and checked a couple of the articles on display. I looked to see if there was anything there for kids to climb on (there wasn't). After snapping a few pictures for the challenge, I told Jo we ought to head back. We started wandering back over to the car when I noticed the pavers were laid to look like train tracks. I had a "duh" moment and looked back at the sculpture. It was very clearly a trolley!



This park wasn't that great of a destination for kids to play. It's not very big and is next to a road. I'm still glad we stopped by to check it out. It's worth seeing, even if it's not a destination for play. It could be a unique backdrop for pictures, though!

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It definitely appears to be a unique place!!