Friday, December 14, 2012

The Easiest Pumpkin Spice Muffins


Last year, for Oliver's birthday party, I found a very easy pumpkin cake recipe on allrecipes.com. The ingredients are literally just this: a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Based on some of the reviews, I added an egg to make sure it rose properly.

Well, last month, the topic of this cake came up in a Pinterest group I joined. Apparently, some people use those two ingredients and bake it into a spice cake. Others use muffins. One girl said to add cinnamon chips to the muffins. My grocery store just started carrying cinnamon chips, so I made a mental note to try the recipe out sometime. I bought all the stuff and left it in the cabinet for a rainy day.

I'm currently avoiding caffeine--no coffee (even decaf), no tea, and no chocolate. It's a long story, and I hope the situation is just temporary. I'm the queen of coffee, and this is no easy feat. It's also hard avoiding all the chocolate treats set out this time of year. So, I decided to make a treat I can eat--these easy pumpkin spice muffins.

Oh, my. These aren't just good. They are phenomenal. We made two dozen. I've already eaten three today, and it's 10am. Joanna has had two, and Oliver has had one. I need to hide them or something to make sure they last until Andrew gets home.

This is what I used:

1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1 egg
1 package of cinnamon chips 



Here's what I did:

1. Beat the spice cake mix with the pumpkin and egg. Stir in the cinnamon chips.

2. Pour into muffin cups (I got 24). Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes, or until done.

Could it be any easier? Could they be any more delicious? The answer: No.

Well, I bet you could try cutting out the egg, if you'd like.


Enjoy!

No comments: