Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Andrew's New Hat, Made by Me!



Just before our flight to Scotland, Andrew realized the only hat he'd brought with him was a German soccer hat. He wasn't sure how well that would be received in the UK, so I decided to quickly whip up a hat with the yarn I'd brought with me for the flight.

I used a free pattern that I found on the Lion Brand website here. I have no idea what colors I used, as one was leftover from the turkey hats I'd made and another was from a yarn beard I've been working on. I thought the hat was really easy to make, and it only took me a few hours. I had to add about half a dozen rows, though, because the pattern just wasn't anywhere near long enough (or else my husband just has a big head.

Here are a few photos of him in the finished hat in Scotland!


No comments: