Monday, May 14, 2012

Leg Warmers

For my sister's birthday a few week's ago, I decided to make her leg warmers.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  Here's the pin:


I set out to make them back in February for the Pinterest Challenge.  Near the end of the month, I realized I wouldn't finish them on time.  I set them off to the side for another month and finally got around to finishing them.  


I'm a beginner knitter.  I've knitted a few items, but I have a tough time reading patterns.  I had to read a lot of the knitters' comments on the pattern in order to understand exactly what I was doing.  A few false starts later, I finally finished and ended up with these: 


The bubbles don't show up well in the photo, but they're there!  I thought they came out OK.  I decided they weren't a good enough present to send on their own, so I sent her a flower pot as well.  I also sent her the message to just donate them if they weren't her thing.

So, I guess the pin was OK.  I don't know if I'd walk around in them in public, but they were actually quite comfy to wear and might be a nice thing to wear around the house.

No comments: