Thursday, March 8, 2012

I can't put my arms down!

Oliver used to be all about helping me get him dressed. Now that it's no longer new and interesting to him, he's no longer interested in helping. Sometimes, I literally have to hold him up as I put his pants on. This morning, I had to toss him over my shoulder to hold up his weight as I desperately tried to wiggle his legs through the pant legs of his overalls. I was half-grunting and half-laughing and very near tears from muscle exhaustion when I decided I needed to blog about this motherhood experience.

I tried to think of a good comparison for my blog post. Is it comparable to hog-tying a pig? Perhaps. Then, I realized words couldn't do it as much justice as this scene from
A Christmas Story can. Truly, getting my toddler dressed every day (and before and after he goes to the potty) is
exactly like this. This classic movie always made me laugh, but now that I'm a mom, it's funny on a whole new level. I am most definitely Ralphie's mom in this clip:

No comments: