Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 15: Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

For Valentine's Day, I decided to make my husband some chocolate-dipped strawberries and put them in the heart-shaped box that I made last week.

I had pinned the strawberries here:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066131976/

But I only followed the recipe loosely because I'd made chocolate-dipped strawberries before. Rather than put the chocolate in a bowl in the saucepan, I just put the chocolate directly in the pan and cooked it over very low heat. Oliver took on the important task of stirring:

Then, we dipped the berries and set them on wax paper:

Later that night, after Oliver went to bed, I zapped a little bit of white chocolate in the microwave to drizzle over the top. Then, I set them in the box like so:

That's it! The next morning, I gave them to Andrew as his Valentine's gift.

No comments: