Thursday, August 18, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 35: Reflections

Mirrors aren't just for babies; toddlers love them, too! I think Oliver has officially figured out that the reflection is him because he enjoys putting on hats to look in the mirror. He also will lift up his own shirt to see the belly button in the mirror.

I hadn't put Oliver in front of the mirror in months, but I started again last week. He begs me to put him up on our dresser so he can see himself over and over again. He'll crawl along the dresser and watch himself. It's a lot of fun, and it doesn't take too much energy from this pregnant mama! Sometimes, he'll point to his reflection and point to himself and say, "Two!" It's also helped him recognize himself in photos. I had a photo up on the computer that I'd taken of him, and he pointed to it and said, "Olv!"

Here are a few snapshots I look for my little man enjoying his reflection. I have no idea how those smudges got on our mirror.


I give Reflections an A. It helps kids learn and develop, and it's a lot of fun for them, too! Virtually everyone has a mirror in their home, so it's a free activity, too. If your mirror is set up like mine, it takes supervision. I don't mind because I enjoy watching him so much.

No comments: